Sunday, August 30, 2009

Shave and a Haircut.....

Cameron got his very own shaving kit for his birthday from our sweet friends, Kevin and Alexa. He absolutely loved it! As it turned out, so did most of the other kids. They were trying to work out deals or trades to get their turn to "shave". They were pretty much all shot down because Cameron wanted it to last for a long time, and let's be honest, he was really enjoying this power and control he was feeling! The kit was put in Mom and Dads bathroom for safe keeping, which is where I found Ashlee on the day of this photo shoot! Every picture, though hysterical to me, also elicits incredible gratitude in my heart that this was not a real razor! I took this pictures of her in action and she was not even phased by my presence. This post could also be labeled "Top 5 reasons why Ashlee should NEVER shave!

#1- it is hard to see in the picture, but she is pressing hard enough that she is indenting her cheek...

#2-Eyes? Need I even comment on this one?...

#3- the lips... That would definitely not be pretty....

#4-I accidentally put this pic on twice which means I missed the one with the shaving of the nose....

#5- we can't forget the throat and again she is seriously pressing hard!

A day or two later, in the same bathroom I might add, another event took place. This would be the momentous first haircut for Kian. I had been putting this off since I love his curls so much and was very afraid that after his haircut they would be all but gone. But, alas, it was time to even things up and shape it a bit since it was starting to take on a mullet shape. This gives an idea of how long it was down his back. So we did the haircut and saved most of the 1 1/2 inch pieces that we cut off. We only took video at that point so there are no stills of the action.

But here he is afterwards still smiling(sort of!)!

And the curls remain!!! Yeah!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a disaster that could have been if that was a real razor...I'm so glad Kian kept his curls (but it's definitely best to not prolong the mullet 'do!)--I love boys with curls! And what a talent Johnny has--I'd get too frustrated to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see your family. The kids are growing so much. We hope you all are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaagh! So funny! You better give her lessons when it comes time to shave those legs. I am so glad they love the kit. Oliver and Luke fight over who gets to shave too!

    ReplyDelete