Sunday, August 30, 2009

Painting!

John has been doing some more painting which has seemed to be a great stress reliever for him. He really enjoys it( when he's not frustrated that things are not turning out exactly as he pictured!) I have been trying to take pictures of each of his canvas's as he finishes them. Since some of them are just "practice." Kian had been watching and trying to help John with some of his paintings. John had finished this one about an hour before and I had not yet taken a picture of it. John had not been happy with it and left it in the office. We were getting things ready for bed when I walked down the hall to see this (thankfully the camera was close by!)

My first thought was that John had scribbled over it since it was not "perfect", though I thought that was a little out of character for him. Then I saw Kian and the brush, and he said, "see I paint."

Here is the close up of the damage. Thank goodness it was a practice picture!

This is John cleaning his easel which he was much more concerned with than the painting.

This is actually his most recent one and for some reason when I was uploading it, it was put on in this slot. Anyway, it is definitely my personal favorite so far!

and, this is one that he did a few weeks ago that has a little more " spring in the air!" We are all enjoying watching him paint. The kids are eagerly awaiting their turn. Tori even convinced him to buy her some canvas when they were on a daddy/daughter date yesterday. She has some beguiling ways, that girl does! Stay tuned for more to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment