Monday, July 13, 2009

Family Reunions 2009!

Who could resist this face?
JJ's golf shot. Not bad.... must take after his dad!

Ashlee and her Aunt Manda. Sweet.

This giant tortoise was like116 years old! Very Cool!

I think she's got a pretty good hold there (of his heart at least!)

Cams amazing tricks never end! He was very insistant I take lots of pictures.

Look at this take-off!


Another pic that was to good not to post! This is John in Ashlees' glasses. Very Nice!

On a geo caching adventure. Cam feels very important to be holding the package!

An attempt at catching a shot of most of the little people in Glenwood Springs.


Kian loving his uncle Jakob. Aaaaawwwww!

This was how the kids passed out on the fourth of July in our room! Very similiar to how they sleep at home actually. I'll blog about that another time!

John got lots of snuggles at the park for the fireworks since he had the blanket!

Tori and her Daddy

Tori and a baby calf. So sweet.

JJ spent an hour and a half in this pen with the baby goats and lambs. He was in Heaven!


Kian thinks this chick is pretty amazing!

Me and my little ones in a cave 50 feet undergroud. It was so awesome!

This was the cousins in a candid shot crawling around on the MT. Rushmore grounds!

John may kill me for posting this shot but it is so classic! This was him hitting some balls in the field across from the cabin after taking the kids swimming, thus the swim shorts and lack of a shirt. I came out and had to get the camera!! Love it!!!


A rainy evening at Mt. Rushmore! That made it all the more memorable!


JJ's turn with the giant!

Brax and the giant tortoise
















Appearantly our " baby "is getting to big for a
stroller now. Kinda sad.




Cam checking out a baby alligator














The kids in front of Chimney Rock.
















Well I have decided that it is time to update. I'm actually a little upset because before we left on vacation there were at least two specific events that I wanted to blog about, but between packing for 8 people for two-plus weeks of vacation and also cleaning so that my house would be ready for any showings while we were gone, let's just say that blogging did not make it onto my list of priorities. And now, sadly, I can not remember what was so funny, that I wanted to share it. Word to the wise people: Write things down immediately. Memories fade all to quickly. So another lesson learned!
Now, on to the recent events that I am still lucky enough to have full recollection of. As I mentioned we left on June 24th and headed to our first stop which was Gma and Gpa's house in Hershey NE. We left as soon as John finished work at 6pm and drove through the night ( the sleep deprivation is totally worth the peace and quiet in the car as the children sleep with happy dreams of running around with cousins for the next two weeks!) We spent the weekend at Johns' parents house with ALL of the siblings and their families. It was quite an adventure! We had planned a family picture on Sat and that actually went fairly smoothly. I wish I could include one of those shots ,but I still have yet to see them myself! It was so wonderful to be together as an entire group and we made plans to try and make it happen again in 3 years.

On Monday morning we headed with some of the group to Mount Rushmore in SD. On the way we saw Chimney Rock. We were very pleased with our chosen campground in the area called Rushmore Shadows Resort. We saw alot of fun stuff, though not everything we would have liked to. With 14 kids under the age of 10 in tow between the buch of us, we sort of had to tailor the sight seeing events accordingly. We will definitely go back someday. The Black Hills area is so beautiful!

On Fri day july 3rd we loaded up at about 5 in the morning and drove to Denver where we met up with my brother, Bret, and his family. We got to see their house and and then we caravanned the rest of the way to Glenwood Springs with them. In Glenwood Springs we met up with several of my siblings and their families. We had a great time there also, seeing some of the local sights and going Geo-caching. This area is gorgeous as well and definitely worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! They're always my favorite thing to see. It looks like your fam had lots of adventures during the Blomstedt and Fund family reunions. I'll let you know when the Blomstedt family pictures are available! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete