Monday, January 24, 2011

My painting

The title of this post is referring to the fact that it was painted FOR me, not by me. The artist, of course, would be John. he has only painted two other pictures since we moved last March, so he was really looking forward to getting into his painting again. I'll need to post pics of the other two in another post. He started this last Monday and he spent a few hours that day making that beautiful shade of red and then doing the first phase of the picture. It was fun to walk into the laundry/craft room all week and see it there, teasing me :). Then Saturday, after we returned from BBall games, he spent most of the day completing it's beauty. It is a 16 by 40 inch panorama. He painted it to go above our bed and incorporated the red color from the accent pillows. It is gorgeous and I. LOVE. IT. His talents always amaze me. I'm grateful to be the recipient! I'm already looking forward to the next one!! My new realistic goal for blogging will be to swap back and forth between highlights of last year and current events. I really want to document last years happenings, but don't want to get to far behind on the here and now. I hope it works :D!

2 comments:

  1. That is great you got your painting! I like the idea of swap blogging so we can see what has been, but keep up with what is going on. Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good ! These is my blog -
    htt://mynewrealistic.blogspot.com/2019/03/complet-information-about-bba-bachelor.html

    ReplyDelete