Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Growing up...

Today I cried. Kian and I sat down during some of our alone time to read some books from the library. He especially enjoyed the first one and requested that it be read twice. After a marathon of six books, I told him I needed to go fix some lunch. He asked me to read the first book another time and I told him, "maybe later." As I walked into the kitchen and I heard him say, "fine, then I'll read it myself." He picks up the book and opens it to the first page and begins to "read" the story fairly accurately page by page. I had never seen him do this before and the moment swept my emotions as I realized that my "baby" is growing up. It's funny how little happenings can shake you and seem so paramount. This was one of those moments for me. I watched the scene unfold and stood there crying. I can't imagine what it will feel like as the milestones progress. How will I watch him trot off to Kindergarten and leave me there ALONE? Or get baptized and so begin his life of independence and responsibility? Or graduate Primary and become a priesthood holder? Or go to High School? College? Mission? How is it possible that my baby can grow up? Well here I am crying again so I guess I should finish this post and go hang out with my little ones.....while they still are little ones.


1 comment:

  1. Don't cry, rejoice in all those little steps. It's the daily joy that we live for. Great post.

    ReplyDelete