Friday, February 19, 2010

Family Home Evening Treat!

We have our Family Home Evenings on Sunday since John doesn't get home until 7:15 on Mondays, at which point it is time for bed around here. We have a rotating "job" chart of sorts to share the responsibility of FHE must haves. Among them, activity/game and treat are the most coveted because that of course is their favorite part ( we are hopeful that at least some of the lessons are sinking in through the chaos). A few Sundays ago, Kian was treat, which at the current time means that John or I need to come up with something. We are usually very happy about this as it gives us the option to to something that is fast and does not require a lot of prep or clean up! On this particular Sunday John informed me he already had the treat planned so I didn't give it another thought. When dessert time arrived, the kids were told to sit at the table while John took a bowl and went out the back door. He came in with a huge mound if snow, and proceeded to dump it on the lazy susan in the middle of the table. Then he went and got leftover snow cone syrup from summer and sprayed it directly on top of the snow on the table. I was not able to get a picture at the beginning as I think I was in shock at the voluntary mess he was making, but eventually I realized this was a picture moment and began snapping some shots. The kids thought this was the greatest thing( John was enjoying it as well!) and of course Dad scored some big points for such a unique "treat"!










3 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house for FHE!!! How awesome is that?!! I am laughing so hard. Very clever, and I bet the kids thought that was awesome too!! But what I wonder is who got clean up duty?
    You guys are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun idea. Mickey and the kids did this yesterday but the snow was contained in a bucket and got scooped out for individual servings. Less mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I wish I had thought of that! LOL

    ReplyDelete